Wednesday, 14 November 2018
Edgar Diabetes and Obesity Research Centre (EDOR) member Dr Andrew Reynolds, has developed an infographic for World Diabetes Day 2018.
EDOR aims to reduce the prevalence, and to improve the management, of diabetes and obesity by finding new ways to prevent and treat these conditions. The new infographic highlights ways to both prevent and manage type 2 diabetes.
Dr Reynolds, in collaboration with the Otago Southland Diabetes Research Trust and Diabetes NZ, has co-ordinated several pharmacies around Dunedin to do on site blood glucose testing on Wednesday 14 November for World Diabetes Day, along with blood glucose testing at PAK'nSAVE supermarket in South Dunedin.
Members of the public take part in on site blood glucose testing at PAK'nSAVE, South Dunedin.
Many thanks to the participating pharmacies:
- John Poswillo Pharmacy in Blenheim
- Glenns Pharmacy in Napier
- Alexander Pharmacy in Wellington
- Baillie and Lewis in Invercargill
- Unichem Taieri in Mosgiel
- Antidote Central in Dunedin
- Baylis the Chemist in South Dunedin
- Unichem Mornington in Dunedin