Friday 18 March 2022 12:21pm
The Edgar Diabetes and Obesity Research Centre (EDOR) celebrated World Sleep Day 2022 on Friday 18 March with a presentation by the Director of the University of Otago, Wellington's WellSleep Sleep Investigation Centre and Research Group.
Professor Alister Neill talked about the importance of sleep for our health and discussed the difficulties of getting good quality sleep during the COVID-19 pandemic. The presentation also highlighted the challenges faced within sleep medicine when treating disorders such as sleep apnoea.
Professor Alister Neill - The importance of sleep for health
- Friday 18 March 2022
- 12.30pm - 1.30pm
- Watch the presentation
This seminar was held as part of the Department of Medicine seminar series.
Read more news stories
- World Sleep Day marked at uni, Otago Daily Times, 18 March 2022
- Study links sleep and eating habits, Otago Daily Times, 20 March 2022
Download the sleep tips for adults poster
Find out more about EDOR's sleep research
- POI - Prevention of overweight in infancy
- Moemoeā - sleep, health, communication, and wellbeing
- The BED Study
- DREAM: Diet, Rest, Eating and Activity Monitoring
Follow us on twitter @EDOR_NZ