Welcome to Update in Medical Specialties for GPs
This educational meeting for GPs was established in 2017 by the Department of Medicine, Dunedin School of Medicine. Due to overwhelming popularity we shall continue to make this a regular event.
We have organised some of the best teachers in our department to provide updates on topics that you see commonly, with practice tips.
This course is a great way to keep up to date. We provide written materials to take away, and the course will be fun and interactive. It will be a great way to meet colleagues in a collegial atmosphere.
There will be a "meet and greet" dinner on Friday evening, 14 June 2019, at 7.00pm. Register online or email Linda Cunningham, the course events manager, to reserve a place. Please note that dinner is NOT included in the registration cost.
The “ Update in Medical Specialities for General Practitioners” activities have been endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) and have been approved for up to 4 CME credits for the General Practice Educational Programme (GPEP) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.
Friday, 14 June – evening
- Conference "meet and greet" dinner, 7.00pm, Heartland Hotel Croydon, Gore, Southland. Please note that dinner is NOT included in the registration cost.
Saturday, 15 June
• Emergency Medicine – Dr Sierra Beck
• Neurology – Dr John Mottershead
• Respiratory Medicine – Dr Ben Brockway
• Rheumatology – Associate Professor Simon Stebbings
Download the complete programme (PDF, 222KB)
Friday14 June (evening) Dinner. Please note that dinner is NOT included in the registration cost.
Saturday, 15 June (9.45am for 10.15am start).
Heartland Hotel Croydon, Gore,
• Conference (Saturday), NZ $99.00 (Does NOT include Conference "meet and greet" dinner.)
• Pre-conference dinner, (Friday evening), NZ $59.00 per person for set menu, plus pay for own drinks
It is recommended that you book your accommodation as soon as possible.
• NZ $140 per night standard room
• NZ $179 per night superior room
When booking your accommodation please quote "GP Conference" to ensure you receive the negotiated price.
Telephone: 64 3 208 9029
Cancellations must be made in writing.
For all enquiries please contact the Department of Medicine's Postgraduate Education Events Manager: