The Neurology Research Group is involved in research involving:
- Vestibular disorders
- Neurodegenerative disease (including Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases)
- Augmented reality rehabilitation (Nick Cutfield)
- Multiple sclerosis (ADVANCE/ATTAIN and PrevANZ studies)
- Medical education research (John Mottershead)
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation and the role of cilia in nerve regeneration (Graeme Hammond-Tooke, in collaboration with Tony Poole and Koji Yamamoto)
Dr Nick Cutfield is a member of the Neuroscience NZ Steering Group, Clinical Deputy Director of the Brain Health Research Centre, University of Otago, and a member of the Neurological Foundation NZ Scientific Advisory Committee.
Graeme Hammond-Tooke is a member of the Neuromuscular Research Foundation Trust and the NZ Neuromuscular Disease Registry.
Staff in the Neurology Research Group
- Dr Nick Cutfield Senior Lecturer
- Dr David Gow Senior Lecturer
- Dr John Mottershead Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Dr Alan Wright Clinical Senior Lecturer