Members of this group are dedicated to investigating innovative ways to prevent and treat kidney disease. The group's expertise ranges from molecular and cellular-level investigations of kidney function, to applying therapies to prevent kidney injury or the progression of kidney disease.
Efforts are underway to find new markers for early acute renal failure so it can be treated before irreversible damage or death occurs.
Current research projects include:
- Effects of lithium on renal function
- Therapeutic targets of polycystic kidney disease
- Dietary-induced obesity and metabolic syndrome
- Clinical renal trials
- Renal function and high performance exercise
- Progression of renal disease