A postgraduate research opportunity at the University of Otago.
- Host campus
- Master’s, PhD
- Preventive and Social Medicine (Dunedin)
- Dr Rebecca McLean
A range of transport and health topics available using data from the ‘New Zealand Prospective Older Adult Transport and Health Study’ (NZPATHS: funded by HRC) or the ‘New Zealand Driver Study’ (NZDS: funders HRC, ACC, Road Safety Trust).
NZPATHS: Prospective cohort study of 1,181 older drivers and 675 family.
Baseline (2016/17); Follow-up one (2019); Follow-up two (2021)
- Self-regulation among older drivers
- Rural and urban transport practices
- Driving and transport practices among Older Māori
- Impact of driving cessation on health and wellbeing
- Family views and experiences with driving reduction and cessation
NZDS: Prospective cohort of 3,992 newly licensed drivers
Data linkage and longitudinal analysis:
- Progression through Graduated Driver Licensing System
- Associations between risk factors and crashes / infringements
Please note that no specific funding is available. However, applicants are encouraged to explore the University of Otago's postgraduate scholarships.
Visit the University of Otago doctoral scholarships webpage
ContactDr Rebecca McLean
Tel +64 3 479 8503