A closed group for DSM's postgraduate students to support each other through the ups and downs of the research journey. This forum will be used to organise writing groups, share useful resources and organise events.
This is a safe space for discussion, problem solving and venting without dissemination into the wider DSM network, so membership is limited to current postgraduates only.
Bimonthly breakfasts for DSM postgrads
This is an great opportunity to meet students from other departments within the Dunedin School of Medicine and start your Friday with a good breakfast.
- 2019 Dates:
- 29 July
- 30 September
- 29 November
- Time: 8 – 9am
- Location: Octagonal Room
Contact Angie Greenman for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
A weekly group open to all DSM students, no matter what stage of their postgrad experience. This writing group was created to help create/maintain a writing habit and schedule and to provide a quiet and supportive place to write.
- Dates: Fridays, 9am – 12pm
- Location: 55 Hanover St, Department of General Practice and Rural Health, small meeting room near reception
Contact Ciara Lee for more information: email@example.com
Qualitative research group
Exploring qualitative research from all angles from theory to publication. Come join this friendly and research active group of students and staff to share your experiences and discuss your work.
- When: Meets monthly on the first Thursday of the month
- Time: 11:00 – 12:30pm
- Where: 55 Hanover St, Department of General Practice and Rural Health, shared meeting room
- Zoom address: https://otago.zoom.us/j/5112611320
Contact Chrys Jaye for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
An opportunity to work on writing skills. Last year consisted of learning how to receive and give specific feedback and generating a writing schedule and habit.
- Date: TBC but will occur during Academic Writing Month in November