Economics graduates from Otago are highly valued by employers
Our graduates have a wide range of analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills. An Economics major, complemented by papers from the Arts, Commerce or Science disciplines, provides a well-rounded education. Graduate in Economics and apply your skills and knowledge in a variety of exciting roles.
Career advice for Economics graduates
Launching a successful career can be a daunting task for graduates. Fortunately, the University Career Development Centre is here to assist you.
The Career Development Centre assists intending students, current students, graduates and alumni with a wide range of career enquiries.
Alumni & Friends
The Alumni Office keeps you informed on scheduled alumni events at the University and around the globe, and provides online networking opportunities for you to reconnect with past friends and make new contacts.
Where do our Economics graduates go?
Looking for challenging, well-paid job opportunities – or wanting to run your own business? A degree in Economics will give you the edge!
Economics graduates fill a variety of challenging roles, and work in a range of interesting places. Which of the following would suit you?
- Finance and investment companies
- Accounting firms
- Business services
- Law firms
- Major commercial and industrial companies
- Reserve Bank
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Department of Internal Affairs
- Department of Labour
- Statistics NZ
- Ministry of Commerce
- NZ Trade Development Board
- Economic research and consultancy firms
- Hospital administration and Health Authorities
- Local government and planning authorities
- Universities and other educational institutions