An opportunity for teachers of English to extend their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values essential to the teaching of English.
We support teachers by:
- Providing professional development in the teaching and learning of English
- Building pedagogical practice in the English learning area
- Helping teachers to inquire into their practice by using their knowledge, data and tools
- Evaluating the impact of an inquiry into practice
This will be achieved by:
- Developing teachers’ knowledge of English language, literature and literacy skills
- Building skills in ways of using data to improve literacy in English
- Tailoring a programme to meet the needs of students using authentic and complex settings
Support may be provided using in-depth support for a team of teachers in a school, or working with a group of schools as a cluster. This support includes regular visits to meet with focus teachers, observations, wananga each term to share progress of target students.
- None available for 2019.