Director Education Support Services (ACC1291)
MEd; PgDipArts; BEd; DipTch
Dunedin | Ōtepoti
Tel | Waea +64 3 479 4907 or 021 249 4907
Email | Īmēra firstname.lastname@example.org
I am an experienced and innovative Principal who is passionate about education. I have worked extensively in Leadership and Professional Development, integrating digital technologies, strategic planning, local curriculum design and supporting educational leadership development. I have navigated changes in the digital landscape, ensuring that resources, programmes, approaches and strategies align with current and future educational developments mirroring the changing needs of teaching and learning.
I have over 25 years of experience in the New Zealand Education system, as a teacher, Deputy Principal and for the past 12 years, Principal. In addition to my direct teaching and leadership experience I have also lectured at the University of Otago College of Education, within the Initial Teacher Education programme and facilitated professional learning development in primary and secondary schools through Southland and Otago. I am continuing to develop my professional learning journey, currently working towards a Doctorate in Education. My knowledge of the New Zealand Curriculum and future thinking leadership is an asset in my facilitation approach and style.
My expertise includes
- Using digital technologies to enhance teaching and learning, specifically from a Leadership lens.
- New Zealand Curriculum.
- Using technologies to support teaching and school development.
- Strategic Planning.
- Developing creative and innovative learning environments, supporting innovative classroom teachers and programmes.
- Project learning and integrated learning.
- Leadership development.
- Educational Administration.
- Property development to support innovative and creative learning environments.
- Change Management.
- Future focused educational pedagogy.