He hohonga whāngai anō ko Ngai Tuhoe PCT and Mentor Facilitator
M Ed Admin (1st hons), B Ed, Current Practicing Certificate ACC284
I support PCTs, mentors and school leaders with high quality induction and mentoring within their school context. I work face-to-face and virtually with groups on specific focus areas in national, regional and individual school workshops, targeted ongoing PLD with individual schools and online opportunities using webinar, workshop, PLG and one-on-one options.
I build strong relationships over time with schools to ensure deep understanding of the context and aspirations of their school community so the mahi we do together is relevant, targeted and considers the needs of all ākonga (rangatahi, kaiako, tumuaki).
As a facilitator, all work I engage in is culturally located and sustaining. I consider equity, local context, universal design for learning, and an evidence-based inquiry approach as foundational in co-constructing the learning. I particularly enjoy working with PCT coordinators and SCTs looking to enhance the development of their PCT/OTTs and can bring a range of nationally collated examples to this mahi.
My expertise includes
- Developing high quality induction and mentoring that is personalised for individual PCT/OTTs within their specific school context
- Supporting mentors of PCT/OTTs to understand their role and improve the quality of mentor practice
- Supporting school leaders to develop and operate systems that result in quality learning opportunities for kaiako new to their school and to teaching
- Providing guidance in interpreting and aligning the requirements of the certification process and the practices that the school already operates
- Encouraging schools to review and evaluate the effectiveness of these practices based on evidence
- Experience in the assessment and evaluation of kaiako and leader practice