Assessment for learning strategies are the key to effective teaching and learning. We can assist you to unpack the effective pedagogy section of the NZC, and support your teachers to:
- Provide clear guidelines for teaching and learning outcomes.
- Effectively use feedback and feedforward so students can become clearer in their goals, building to self-regulated learners.
- Carry out high quality observations and feedback to support meaningful change to a teacher's practice.
- Understand assessment literacy and determine the needs of students through meaningful formal and informal assessments, alongside active reflection. Incorporating effective use of Teaching as Inquiry is part of this process.
We can facilitate:
- In-class observations.
- Gathering of student voice through our facilitation or mentor leaders in schools to undertake those roles.
Workshops can be in-school or as an ongoing in-depth programme.