M.Ed, B.Ed, Higher Diploma Teaching Secondary
Tel 64 3 211 6832
As an accredited facilitator
In Technology Education, I support the development of pedagogical, leadership and discipline specific content across primary , intermediate and secondary contexts working collaboratively to develop school and teacher capability through Teaching as Inquiry. My work is based on distributed and ethical leadership principles, and the cultural competencies which underpin my approach to teaching and learning ensuring all learners have the opportunity to engage in relevant contexts for learning. This includes developing discipline specific literacy, place based pedagogy and culturally appropriate contexts.
My experience includes
National and regional facilitation and curriculum leadership and development in Technology and Home Economics in curriculum design and development, assessment, and working with networks or expertise covering the following:
- Developing understanding of all Technological areas including Digital Fluency and the revised additions of Computational thinking and Designing and developing digital outcomes.
- Curriculum design and implementation NZC levels 1-8.
- Developing materials supporting teacher and learner development.
- Designing PLD for staff, programmes of learning and assessment for learning.
- Embedding literacy practices in context.
- Use of online facilitation tools and eLearning pedagogies.
- Using Teaching as Inquiry as methodology for change and improvement.