Te Rarawa, Ngāpuhi, Te Aupouri, Ngāti Kuri, Ngāti Rēhia, Ngāti Kahu, Ngāti Whātua
Kaiārahi Pia/Pou Tautoko - Kaiārahi Whakangūngū
PCT/ Mentor in Māori & English Medium - PLD Facilitator
B.Ed , BMPA, PGCert, M.Ed (currently completing)
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi. Engari taku toa i te toa takitini.
My achievements are not of mine alone but that of the many.
Jasmine is a passionate Māori educator with extensive experience committed to molding the future generation of Aotearoa. Her ability to foster positive relationships with students, staff, whānau, hapū, and iwi is firmly rooted in Tikanga Māori and is a defining characteristic of her teaching philosophy.
She is deeply dedicated to facilitating transformative learning experiences that empower students, whānau, and hapū to flourish through the intergenerational transmission of knowledge. Jasmine’s deep understanding of diverse educational philosophies motivates her to offer mentorship, guidance, and inspiration to aspiring Kaiako on their journey towards a successful career.
Jasmine’s resolute commitment to elevating Māori academic achievement, combined with skills honed through Tikanga Māori, drives her to make a meaningful impact on the lives of our young people. She stands ready to contribute her expertise to any educational community, working collaboratively to equip tomorrow's leaders with the knowledge and abilities necessary for success in a changing world.
Teaching experience in English medium educational settings:
- Secondary School, Area School, Composite Primary School and Private School.
Teaching experience in Māori medium educational settings:
- Akomanga Reorua, Rūmaki, Kura Kaupapa, Wharekura and Kura-ā-iwi.
Empowering with Transformative, Agile, and Servant Leadership Approach
- Bringing a leadership style characterized by transformation, agility, and servant mentality.
Ingenious Problem Solver with a Flair for Creativity
- Demonstrating adeptness in creative thinking and exceptional problem-solving skills.
Cultivating Collaborative Environments through Innovative Pedagogy
- Nurturing collaboration and innovation through a distinctive teaching approach grounded in research insights.
Dedicated and Skilled Advocate of Māori Medium Education and Māori Performing Arts
- Passionately committed and proficient in both Māori Medium Education and Māori Performing Arts.
Expertise in Te Reo Māori and Cultural Proficiency
- Exhibiting a high level of fluency in Te Reo Māori and comprehensive cultural proficiency, including a deep understanding of cultural norms and traditions.
My Expertise Includes
Teacher of Te Reo Māori and Te Ao Haka in English and Māori Medium Schools
- NCEA Te Reo Māori and Te Ao Haka: Enhancing comprehension of effective teaching methods and NCEA requirements.
- Building proficiency and self-assurance in introductory Te Reo Māori for school (kura) settings, encompassing accurate pronunciation, sentence structures, and vocabulary.
- Providing guidance on collaboration with external resources to establish a support network for Te Reo Māori educators operating in isolation.
- Identifying opportunities for localized curriculum development across all subjects, sectors, and educational levels for individual schools and kura.
- Mātaioho | School curriculum design and evaluation, while promoting culturally responsive teaching and learning practices.
Pia/Pou Tautoko - PCT/ Mentors
- Manaaki, awhi me te tautoko i ngā kaiako hōu i te ao whakaako tamariki, kia tūtuki te huarahi ki tōna tohu Tūturu o te kaiako o Aotearoa
- Offering mentorship and assistance to Pia/PCT to facilitate their achievement of New Zealand's teaching profession's Codes and Standards for Full registration.
- Te ārahi me te tautoko i te Pou Tautoko kia whai pūkenga ārahi kaiako hōu
- Providing guidance and support to the Mentor as they fulfill their leadership role for Pia/PCT
- Te hanga rauemi ki te tautoko i te kura, te Pia me te Pou Tautoko i ngā mahikohikohi o te kaiako hōu
- Developing resources to assist the school, Pou Tautoko, and Pia/PCT in aligning with New Zealand's teaching Codes and Standards.
Growing relationships with whānau, hapū and iwi to:
- Foster innovative approaches to improve academic success for Māori students within the present context.
- Broaden educational experiences across multiple systems, including home (kainga) and school (kura).
- Dedication to deepening comprehension of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, Mātauranga Māori, Te reo me ōna tikanga.