Ngati Kahu Professional Learning and Development Facilitator
English Medium PCT
As an experienced teacher in Aotearoa I am passionate about education and have a strong desire to mentor and inspire others as they embark on their education journey. I place a high value on both whanaungatanga me manaakitanga. These tikanga Māori principles not only guide my everyday practice but underpin my teaching philosophy.
Having experience in teaching at many year levels from ECE , primary and now secondary, has given me an understanding of policy and procedure as well as curriculum and best practice. I have a proven record of strong, established relationships within the education sector and this has been strengthened through working within Te Kahui Tai Kura o Te Hiku as an across school leader. Mentoring and working with teachers, principals and iwi has sparked a personal commitment to working with teachers to add to their kete of knowledge and skills.
As an effective educator, key kaupapa that guide me in my interactions with all is, aroha ki te tangata (a respect for people) and manaaki ki te tangata (share and be generous). I believe as an effective leader I bring about change in a respectful, collaborative, empowering, non-judgmental and mana enhancing way for all involved.
I have a vast range of tools, skills and knowledge in my kete, and am here to support and encourage new teachers to have a successful start to their career.
My expertise includes
- Commitment towards enhancing understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, Mātauranga Māori, Te reo me ona tikanga Māori
- Teaching across ECE , Primary and Secondary settings
- Mentoring and coaching adults
- Facilitating hui with iwi, principals and classroom teachers
- Connecting schools and iwi, creating localised, future focused curriculum, and inquiry
- Establishing a localised curriculum and meeting NZC and NZQA requirements
- Experience in ALL , ALiM , MST and Secondary Mathematics and Social Sciences.