Professional Learning and Development Literacy Facilitator
(Specialisation: Literacy) ACC 1994
Pfs ALL Regional Coordinator (Otago/Southland)
Dunedin | Ōtepoti
Tel | Waea +64 21 165 7324
Email | Īmēra email@example.com
With considerable experience in primary, early childhood teaching and leadership I feel privileged to be able to support leaders, teachers and akonga in improving outcomes for diverse learners in Literacy. I support teachers, middle leaders and principals with professional development in primary literacy, and assessment practices. My work includes supporting teachers and leaders in developing their understanding of literacy tools, the review and development of across-school literacy plans, and literacy interventions to accelerate student achievement. This work includes data analysis, strategic planning, and developing capabilities within the various leadership roles.
As a Literacy Facilitator I:
- Support school leaders and teachers to further develop their literacy content and pedagogical knowledge to meet the diverse needs of all learners.
- Support transitions and curriculum shifts in literacy within and across schools.
- Facilitate robust Assessment for Learning practices alongside leaders and teachers within schools.
- Recognise and respond to individual school and teacher needs to ensure maximum benefit and impact of Professional Learning and Development of teachers and leaders.
My Expertise includes
Supporting Kāhui Ako, Leading for Change
- Working with lead principals, and across-school and within-school leaders to enhance assessment for learning practices, effective literacy teaching and school and Kāhui Ako direction and self-review.
- Growing teacher capability and confidence through Lead Teacher workshops and Kāhui Ako Inquiry sessions.
- Working with individual teachers, departments, teams, and leaders to identify the literacy challenges that students encounter and supporting teachers to address these in the context of each learning area, and across all year levels.
Literacy Foundational Learning
- Supporting ECE teachers and New Entrant teachers with successful transitions, with a specific focus on Oral Language acquisition, key competency development, early literacy learning strategies and clear links between Te Whāriki and the New Zealand Curriculum.
Programmes for Students (PfS) mentor and coordinator
- Supporting schools to develop a responsive and sustainable Tier 2 intervention in literacy based on individual school context and needs.
- Working with leaders and teachers on proven intervention and teaching approaches.
- Supporting teacher pedagogy based on current effective research and practice.