PCT/Mentor in Māori Medium settings
Te Reo Māori in English Medium settings
Culturally Responsive Practice cross school and sector levels
B.Ed Tchg, Dip Tchg (Primary)
Tel 64 3 479 4278
As an Accredited Facilitator
In response to needs identified by school data, whānau/iwi aspirations as well as Strategic Plans and Charters, I have supported teachers, both beginning and experienced, Principals and Boards of Trustees with professional development sessions in cross curricular as well as subject/skill specific areas, through workshops, in class modelling and mentoring.
My experience includes
Provisionally Certificated Teacher Certification Māori Medium
Delivering PLD to Pia me ngā Pou Tautoko across the motu
Giving effect to the Ka Hikitia Accelerating Success vision by linking with individual schools’ Strategic Plan and Charter in English medium settings.
Inclusion of Te Reo Māori me ngā Tikanga Māori by:
Developing confidence and competence with Introductory Level Te Reo Māori for the school context, including correct pronunciation.
- Crafting school wide plans, evidencing a clear progression across the levels.
- Deliberately planning for the natural and meaningful inclusion of, across all individual curriculum areas and levels.
Growing relationships with whānau, hapu and iwi to:
- Encourage and raise Māori student achievement.
- Provide sustainable resources, both human and physical, to include a manawhenua world view in school programmes and practices.
- Extend learning across home and school.