Te Reo Facilitator
B.Ed Tchg, Dip Tchg (Primary)
Tel 64 3 479 4278
As an Accredited Facilitator
In response to needs identified by school data, whānau/iwi aspirations and Strategic Plans and Charters, I have supported teachers, Principals and Boards of Trustees with professional development sessions in cross curricular as well as subject/skill specific areas, through workshops, in class modelling and mentoring.
My experience includes
Giving effect to the Ka Hikitia Accelerating Success vision by linking with individual schools’ Strategic Plan and Charter.
Aligning Tataiako Cultural Competencies with the PTC to stimulate thinking and discussion about leaders and teachers, and their current practice.
Inclusion of Te Reo Māori me ngā Tikanga Māori by:
- Developing confidence and competence with Introductory Level Te Reo Māori for the school context, including correct pronunciation.
- Crafting school wide plans, evidencing a clear progression across the levels.
- Deliberately planning for the natural and meaningful inclusion of, across all individual curriculum areas and levels.
Growing relationships with whānau, hapu and iwi to:
- Encourage and raise Māori student achievement.
- Provide sustainable resources, both human and physical, to include a manawhenua world view in school programmes and practices.
- Extend learning across home and school.