Ngāti Kurī, Te Aupōuri, Ngati Kahu, Te Rarawa me ngā iwi maha o Muriwhenua
Professional Learning and Development Facilitator (Specialist: Māori Medium/Te reo Māori in English Medium) ACC 300
PCT/Mentor in English and Māori Medium
Local Curriculum Design
B.Ed Tchg, Dip Tchg (Primary)
Dunedin | Ōtepoti
Tel | Waea +64 21 833 560
Email | Īmēra email@example.com
In response to needs identified by school data, whānau/iwi aspirations as well as Strategic Plans and Charters, I have supported teachers, both beginning and experienced, Principals and Boards of Trustees with professional development sessions in cross curricular as well as subject/skill specific areas, through workshops, in class modelling and mentoring and hybrid learning settings.
I support the development of cultural capability and culturally responsive practice across kura/school and sector levels.
My expertise includes
Provisionally Certificated Teacher Certification Māori Medium and English Medium
- Delivering PLD to Pia me ngā Pou Tautoko across the motu.
The Meaningful Inclusion of Te Reo Māori me ngā Tikanga Māori by:
- Developing confidence and competence with introductory level Te Reo Māori for the kura/school context, including correct pronunciation, sentence patterns and vocabulary.
- Identifying current teaching and learning resources including digital.
- Crafting school wide plans, evidencing a clear progression across the levels.
- Identifying local curriculum opportunities across all curriculum areas, sectors and levels for individual school/kura.
- Offering a holistic perspective, placing ākonga at the centre of their learning pathway to ensure important learning that cannot be left to chance is clearly identified.
Growing relationships with whānau, hapū and iwi to:
- Encourage and raise Māori student achievement.
- Provide sustainable resources, both human and physical, to include a manawhenua world view in school programmes and practices.
- Extend learning across kainga/home and kura/school.