Accredited Professional Learning and Development Facilitator (ACC 671)
M.Ed (Hons), PG Dip Education (Merit), Adv Dip Tchg, Dip ESVI
I bring extensive educational experience, with a background in primary teaching, leadership and facilitation.
Since 2005 I have facilitated professional learning and development for primary and secondary teachers within, and across schools. This facilitation includes PLD for a multiplicity of teachers, including beginning teachers ( PCT s), overseas trained teachers ( OTT s), teachers in Special Education settings and school leaders. Facilitation has been implemented throughout diverse communities across Aotearoa New Zealand.
I work with school leaders to strengthen capabilities by understanding leadership responsibilities, and building personal professional capacity through school PGC systems, collaborative practices and by investigating relevant research.
Provisionally certificated teachers, mentors and overseas trained teachers
I support new teachers, their mentors and leaders with pedagogical practice and learning programmes designed to implement and embed professional learning through the Code of Professional Responsibility, the Standards for the Teaching Profession, and the Guidelines for Induction and Mentoring and Mentor Teachers.
My expertise includes
- Inclusive Design - Children with Special Education needs (specialist area; low vision and blind students). I have a sustained interest in working alongside teachers and school leaders in Special Education Settings
- Supporting PCT s and OTT s to understand what is required in working towards full certification
- Assisting school leaders to design and develop quality programmes for induction and mentoring for provisionally certificated teachers
- Building and developing relational trust within and across schools through collaborative practices
- Implementation of the NZ Curriculum, with experience gained through the Network Learning Communities initiative
- Culturally responsive pedagogy, linking theory and practice
- Pasifika learners - strengthening teachers understanding of their role in supporting Pacific education success, and helping teachers familiarise themselves with key resources to support cultural awareness such as the Action Plan for Pacific Education 2020–2030 and Tapasā.