Primary Mathematics Facilitator
BA, Dip Tchg, Masters' papers
As an accredited facilitator
I have supported teachers, middle leaders and principals with professional development in primary mathematics for 13 years. I have developed strong relationships in schools, clusters and regions, which encourage teachers to take risks to grow professionally improving their pedagogical content knowledge and their mathematics content knowledge.
I am the Otago and Southland Regional Coordinator for Programmes for Students (PfS) and coordinate the delivery of ALiM and MST hours to the region, where accelerating the progress and achievement of target groups of students is the focus.
My experience includes
Building strong understanding of current best practice in Mathematics:
- Through modelling then mentoring and coaching teachers to develop their own pathways of change.
- Providing opportunities for teachers to review current relevant literature and apply this to their practice.
- Allowing time for teachers to explore digital technology to enhance teaching programmes.
- Assisting in revising curriculum plans to ensure they relate directly to NZC and the local schools needs.
- Encouraging strong relationships with whānau.