Te Tapuae o Rehua Consortium (a partnership of Ngāi Tahu and University of Otago) offers workshops throughout New Zealand.
- Provisionally Certificated Teachers (Year 1 & 2), Overseas Trained Teachers and their Mentor Teachers in English and Māori Medium settings. Workshops available for 2018.
Workshops (User Pays)
ESS offers courses on a user pays basis providing professional development support not available through the Ministry funded contracts.
If your school has 5 or more staff interested in the same course there will be a discount to the costs.
Overview of workshops planned for 2018
- Health, Physical Education and Home Economics
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Social Sciences
- Specialist Classroom Teachers
Education Support Services (ESS) offers schools or clusters of schools two consultancy opportunities addressing a wide range of outcomes to support educators in achieving improved student learning and engagement. We have committed and experienced facilitators who draw on current research and practice to build educators capability.
- Community Consultation
- Inclusive Education
- Appraisal for Professional Learning
- Building Leadership Capacity including Middle Leaders
- School Leadership Support
- School Self Review
- Learning Areas (both Primary and Secondary)
- Literacy (both Primary and Secondary)
- Priority learners (Success as Maori students and celebrating Pasifika learners)
- New Zealand Curriculum
1. PLD tailored to meet your needs
At ESS, we believe that successful and sustainable professional learning occurs when the development is designed to meet the specific needs of schools or clusters of schools. ESS will work in partnership with you to individually tailor professional learning to best meet your identified PLD needs. To discuss your professional learning requirements further contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivery Method: The PLD delivery method can be designed to meet your needs. For example using face-to-face, online, one-to-one, syndicate/department, whole school, community, Boards of Trustees and clusters of teachers and schools, or a combination of these approaches.
2. Userpays workshops
A number of courses and workshops are offered to support schools to meet aspects of curriculum delivery and design. These are detailed in each curriculum area above under workshops.
Cost: Fees will be advised or negotiated at the time, based on the PLD design.
We look forward to having an opportunity to discuss your PLD needs with you.
Ph: 03 479 4907