Examination of a range of contemporary issues which impact on effective educational leadership.
This paper is not confined to teachers and leaders from primary and secondary schools. Participants from the early childhood sector and from tertiary institutions have also enjoyed success in this paper.
|Paper title||Exercising Professional Leadership|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2020|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$959.36|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,661.93|
- 54 300-level EDUX or EDUC points
- EDUX 453
- Students who have not passed the normal prerequisite may be admitted with approval from the Dean of the College of Education.
- Teaching staff
To be advised when the paper is next offered.
- Teaching Arrangements
- This is an online distance learning paper.
- Students will be expected to access required readings via the library and the Internet and to source their own relevant readings.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Participants will critically assess contemporary issues of professional educational
leadership and integrate perspectives within their own teaching environments. Students
who successfully complete the paper will
- Identify and analyse influential leadership factors in organisational effectiveness
- Analyse the implications for leading and managing a change process
- Evaluate the effects of interpersonal relations in a teaching context
- Assess the leader's role in strategic thinking and planning
- Critically examine the concept and practice of principled leadership