International Travel Alert
International travellers will now need to obtain an NZeTA visa to enter NZ. Please ensure you organise this prior to travel.
New Zealand Visa information
Tuia – Encounters 250
Tuia – Encounters 250 acknowledges the first meetings between Māori and Europeans during James Cook and the Endeavour's 1769 voyage to Aotearoa New Zealand, as well as the extraordinary feats of Pacific voyagers who reached and settled in Aotearoa many years earlier.
Blenheim and the Marlborough region
Marlborough Sounds cruise – private charter to Ship Cove
Join us for a pre-conference cruise on
Saturday 30 November 2019
You will be collected from Blenheim central and transferred by coach through to the seaport township of Picton, where you board the luxury vessel, MV Odyssea.
Cruise the Queen Charlotte Sound to Ship Cove with full Marlborough commentary, including the rich history of Ship Cove, a place of historic and cultural significance.
Enjoy freshly steamed greenshell mussels, fresh breads, olive oil and dukkha.
Guests will have a chance to disembark for a short walk around Ship Cove. Then back on board to enjoy a classic Kiwi BBQ dinner served on MV Odyssea.
Beverages will be available to purchase, with full bar on board. Return back to Picton Marina, with a transfer back to Blenheim central.
- 4:00pm – Pick up Blenheim Central (ASB Theatre) and transfer to Picton Marina
- 4:45pm – Board MV Odyssea
- 4:45–8:30pm – Cruise to Ships Cove and dinner on board
- 8:30pm – Arrive back to Picton Marina
- 9:00pm – Drop off Blenheim Central (ASB Theatre)
- 3–4 hour evening cruise on MV Odyssea
- Return coach transfers from Blenheim to Picton
- Freshly steamed greenshell mussels, fresh breads, olive oil and dukkha
- Classic Kiwi BBQ dinner
All beverages (full bar onboard, pay direct)
$175.00 (GST inclusive)
Make your booking when you register for the conference.
Please note: the maximum number of people for the cruise is 60.