There are many reasons to study entrepreneurship at the University of Otago, but in the end it comes down to one thing: a high quality education that will enable you to achieve your career goals.
Best of the best
The Otago Business School has a reputation for excellence in research and teaching. We also hold international accreditation with two agencies, affirming the quality and relevance of our programmes in the global arena, as well as:
- Based on recent research 95% of Otago Business School students are satisfied with their course and quality of study. (2018 Otago Graduate Opinion Survey)
- The School is one of only five centres of excellence in the world and the only one in the Pacific region
- We are New Zealand's leading business school for research (PBRF Quality Evaluation 2018). Many of our departments are also leaders in their study area – Management, Information Science, Marketing, Tourism, Economics, and Accountancy and Finance.
- Our MBA is ranked #1 in New Zealand and it is the only New Zealand university ranked in QS 2019 global MBA rankings (QS Online MBA rankings 2019 #13, CEO Magazine Global Online MBA Rankings 2019 #3, QS Global MBA Rankings 2019 Top NZ MBA)
- The Otago Business School is accredited by two leading international organisations: EQUIS and AACSB.
We equip budding entrepreneurs with the tools for success
Entrepreneurship at Otago helps both domestic and international students, from a range of backgrounds, to direct their passion and develop an entrepreneurial mind-set. Our Master of Entrepreneurship degree gives them the knowledge, skills and confidence to develop new products and services to meet the challenges of today’s world.
Teaching and industry excellence
Our staff includes specialists from the internationally accredited Otago Business School, as well as external consultants from the commercial world. These experts have lived their own dreams – and are keen to help you achieve yours! Our links to industry and incubators provide real-world business experience. Master of Entrepreneurship students gain invaluable experience through working closely with local entrepreneurs, and the wider business community.
Fitting the right skills to each student
Age and experience are no barrier to Entrepreneurship – what matters most is passion and drive. Our students come from all over New Zealand – and the world – and hail from a range of industries, careers and backgrounds.
Our students have various reasons for embarking on a qualification in entrepreneurship
We can help them achieve their goals, whether they:
- Want to start a new venture during the course, or already own a small business and want to gain the knowledge and skills to make it grow
- Want to own their own business in the future but would like to work for entrepreneurial companies first
- Work for a large organisation and are interested in becoming more entrepreneurial and/or developing a commercial spin-off
- Want to learn about the phenomenon of entrepreneurship and may be interested in eventually doing thesis research
Although Dunedin is a small city by international standards, it has has a lot to offer for business, lifestyle and culture.
Dunedin campus and Otago region
The Dunedin campus is located close to the city centre and is surrounded by student housing. The vast majority of courses are offered here, including the only dental school in the country.