The University of Otago – Kraft Heinz Scholarship encourages students to pursue a career in Food Science. Highly qualified Food Science graduates are well sought after by the dynamic, challenging and highly competitive food industry.
We are now accepting applications for 2023 – please apply by 15 January for study starting in February 2023.
Candidates must be:
- Enrolled as a final year student at a secondary school in New Zealand.
- Intending to enrol full-time for a BSc in Food Science or BAppSc in Consumer Food Science at the University of Otago.
- A New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
The value of the scholarship is NZD$3,000, split equally over 3 years of study. In addition, during the summer vacation period after the second year of study, the scholarship holder may have the opportunity of Industrial Work Placement at one of Kraft Heinz food processing plants with the potential to earn up to NZD$5,000.
The scholarship is split over three years, and must be taken up in the year in which it is awarded.
- The scholarship holder must achieve at least a B grade average in the core papers undertaken in the first year of study in order to continue to receive the scholarship in the second year
- The scholarship holder must be enrolled for a BSc in Food Science or BAppSc in Consumer Food Science
- The scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards or scholarships
The University of Otago and Kraft Heinz reserves the rights to use names, photographs and details of successful applicants for advertising and publicity. The scholarship holders must agree to be reasonably available to participate in interviews and promotional activities if requested by the University of Otago.The foregoing provisions of this paragraph are subject to written consent of the Scholarship holder being received.
Your application must be made on the application form, and two references provided using the template for referee reports.
The application forms can be found on the Kraft Heinz Food Science Scholarship webpage
Application documents must be sent no later than the closing date of 15 January to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should also ensure that their two referees send their confidential references to the same email address no later than 15 January.
Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application in February, after entrance examination requirements are available.
Julie Petre – Graduate
Bachelor of Science in Food Science
Early Careers – Continuous Improvement, Goodman Fielder
“I gained invaluable practical experience with a research and development team that was crucial in landing me a graduate position at Goodman Fielder.”