Free radicals and antioxidants
- Carr, A.C. and Lykkesfeldt, J. Vitamin C in Health and Disease. Edited book, MDPI Open Access Publishing, 2018. 288 pages (http://www.mdpi.com/books/pdfview/book/690).
- Wilson R, Willis J, Gearry R, Hughes A, Lawley B, Skidmore P, Frampton C, Fleming E, Anderson A, Jones L, Tannock G, Carr A. SunGold kiwifruit supplementation of individuals with prediabetes alters gut microbiota and improves vitamin C status, anthropometric and clinical markers. Nutrients, 2018, in press.
- Foster M, Carr A, Antony A, Peng S, Fitzpatrick M. Intravenous vitamin C administration improved blood cell counts and health-related quality of life of patient with history of relapsed acute myeloid leukaemia. Antioxidants, 2018, in press.
- Pullar J, Carr A, Bozonet S, Vissers M. High vitamin C status is associated with elevated mood in male tertiary students. Antioxidants, 2018, in press.
- Prier M, Carr A, Baillie N. No reported renal stones with intravenous vitamin C administration: A prospective case series study. Antioxidants, 2018, in press.
- Bathish B, Turner R, Paumann-Page M, Kettle AJ, Winterbourn CC. Characterisation of peroxidasin activity in isolated extracellular matrix and direct detection of hypobromous acid formation. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 4 Apr 2018
- Pullar JM, Bayer S, Carr AC. Appropriate Handling, Processing and Analysis of Blood Samples is Essential to Avoid Oxidation of Vitamin C to Dehydroascorbic Acid. 2018, Antioxidants, in Press.
- Khalilova IS, Dickerhof N, Mocatta TJ, Bhagra CJ, McClean DR, Obinger C, Kettle AJ. A myeloperoxidase precursor, pro-myeloperoxidase, is present in human plasma and elevated in cardiovascular disease patients. PLOS ONE
- Forbes LV, Kettle AJ. A multi-substrate assay for finding physiologically effective inhibitors of myeloperoxidase. Analytical Biochemistry 544 (2018)
- Tang, J. S., Vissers, M. C. M., Anderson, R. F., Sreebhavan, S., Bozonet, Stephanie. M., Scheepens, A. and Melton, L. D. Bioavailable Blueberry-Derived Phenolic Acids at Physiological Concentrations Enhance Nrf2-Regulated Antioxidant Responses in Human Vascular Endothelial Cells. Mol. Nutr. Food Res., Accepted Manuscript.
- Coker MS, Forbes LV, Plowman-Holmes M, Murdoch DR, Winterbourn CC, Kettle AJ. Interactions of staphyloxanthin and enterobactin with myeloperoxidase and reactive chlorine species. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 646 (2018) 80-89
- A Carr, C Wohlrab, P Young, R Bellomo. Stability of intravenous vitamin C solutions: a technical report, Critical Care & Resuscitation, 2018, in press.
- Hampton MB, Vick KA, Skoko JJ, Neumann CA. Peroxiredoxin Involvement in the Initiation and Progression of Human Cancer. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2018 Mar 1;28(7):591-608. doi: 10.1089/ars.2017.7422. Epub 2018 Feb 1.
- Yewdall NA, Peskin A, Hampton MB, Goldstone D, Pearce FG, Gerrard JA. Quaternary structure influences the peroxidase activity of peroxiredoxin 3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018 Feb 10.
- Winterbourn CC1. Biological Production, Detection, and Fate of Hydrogen Peroxide. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2017 Dec 14. doi: 10.1089/ars.2017.7425. [Epub ahead of print]
- Schindler L, Dickerhof N, Hampton MB, Bernhagen J. Post-translational regulation of macrophage migration inhibitory factor: Basis for functional fine-tuning. Redox Biology (15) 135-142, 2018
- Das, A. B., Sadowska-Bartosz, I., Königstorfer, A., Kettle, A. J., Winterbourn C. C. (2018). Superoxide dismutase protects ribonucleotide reductase from inactivation in yeast. Free Radical Biology & Medicine, 116, 114-122. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2018.01.001
- Vissers, M. C. M., & Das, A. B. Potential Mechanisms of Action for Vitamin C in Cancer: Reviewing the Evidence. Frontiers in Physiology, 9, 809,(2018). https://doi.org/10.3389/fphys.2018.00809