We are happy to offer a range of free services to support geoscience in New Zealand. Subject areas include Geology, Earth and Space Science, Physical Geography and Earth Science.
- Host community and school groups that wish to see our research facilities or Geology Museum, which contains mineral collections and a trove of fossils – including penguins, sharks and whales.
- Provide expert advice and/or professional development sessions for teachers on subjects within the Geography / Earth and Space Science (ESS) NCEA curricula. We can provide support for topics such as:
- Stars and planetary systems
- Ocean acidification
- Climate change
- Volcanoes, earthquakes and other natural hazards
- Extreme Earth events
- Geological processes in a New Zealand locality
- Formation of mountains, continents and other Earth features
- Practical Physical Geography or Earth and Space Science investigations
- Work in conjunction with students and teachers to develop ESS investigations for upper levels of NCEA.
- Aid fieldtrips by sharing locations of geological significance in the Otago area, or participate in established fieldtrips to enhance the scientific content.
- We can visit schools or community groups to give specific or general interest Earth and Space Science talks. These can be pitched at a range of levels.
For more information, please contact:
Use our visit request form
Thank you for your interest; we look forward to hearing from you.