- GNS Science website:
- PETLAB Database: Sample localities database.
- Geological Map of New Zealand (online)
- 1:250,000 (Quarter Million) scale Maps of New Zealand (QMAP) (including free low resolution downloads).
- GeoNet site (realtime monitoring of geological hazards)
- Fossil Record Electronic Database (FRED). Jointly managed by GNS Science and the Geoscience Society of New Zealand (GSNZ: formerly the Geological Society of New Zealand).
- LINZ data service (download LINZ topo data, topo maps, aerial photos and more. Powered by Koordinates)
- LRIS portal (download data by Landcare research including elevation and land use data. Powered by Koordinates)
- DOC geoportal (The Geoportal Site provides an easy and convenient way to view a selection of DOC's geospatial data.).
- Koordinates (a site that provides or links to various Geographic Information System (GIS) data for New Zealand in a variety of formats).
- Government datasets online (see what datasets are available from various government and public agencies)