1. Hamish Lilley examines mineralised schist containing W and Sn above Port Pegasus, Stewart Island. 2. Katrin Wellnitz investigates carbonate-altered greenschist in the Southern Alps 3. Tom Czertowicz looks at dunite in the Anita Ultramafics in Fiordland National Park 4. Sunset on the Fiordland coast. The gneisses of this area record a complex poly-metamorphic history involving rapid crustal thickening. 5. Tom Dwight surveys the Broughton Peridotite in Fiordland 6. Steph Junior inspects dunite at Red Mountain. 7. Aidan Aubert seeking the source of alluvial garnet sands in Westland. In the middle distance the Karangarua River crosses the Alpine Fault then meets the Tasman Sea at the edge of the coastal plain.
- Stephanie Junior (PhD) – Au in the mantle
- Carl Murray (PhD, Anthropology) – Dunedin building stones
- Marshall Palmer (PhD) – Tungsten
- Yilun Shao (PhD) - Rheology of the mantle under the South Island of New Zealand
- Hamish Lilley (Msc) – Orogenic Gold in SW Fiordland
- Erin Weightman (MSc) – Environmental remediation at Hyde-Macraes Shear Zone
- Aidan Aubert (Hons) – Alluvial garnet sands in Westland
- Matthew Tarling (2019) – Faulting and Slip Dynamics in Ultramafic Rocks
- Emanuele Giacalone (2018) – Swinburn Volcanic Complex, Central Otago, New Zealand
- Katrin Wellnitz (2017) – Cenozoic carbonate alteration zones in the Haast Schist and a potential link between lamprophyres and gold.
- Tom Czertowicz (2016) – The Anita Peridotite: A study of sub-continental lithospheric mantle emplaced within the Anita Shear Zone, NW Fiordland
- Ben Moorhouse (2015) – Cape Wanbrow: A stack of Surtseyan-style volcanoes built over millions of years in the Waiareka-Deborah Volcanic Field, New Zealand
- Simon Holbeck (2019) – Fluid flow at Bruce Rocks, East Otago
- Stephie Tay (2019) – Rare earth element mineral sands in Westland
- Tom Ritchie (2017) – Garnet sands in Westland.
- Emma Scanlan (2017) – Paragenesis and geochemistry of scheelite deposits at Glenorchy, West Otago.
- Fraser Shand (2017) – Mo mineralisation in the Berlins Porphyry, Westland.
- Dave Sun (2017) – Garnet pyroxenites in the Kakanui Mineral Breccia.
- Sam Maloney (2015) – Maar-diatreme volcanism in central Otago
- Nichole Moerhuis (2014) – Deposition, Metamorphism and Mineralization of the Onekaka Schist in northwest Nelson.
- Sam Yeo (2014) – The Manuherikia Fault Zone, Alexandra.
PGDipSci and BSc(Hons)
- Michelle Fitzgerald (2019, Hons) – A classification of thermal and shock metamorphism in H-group chondrite meteorites
- Brittany Watson (2019, Hons) – Fentitization of the Haast Schist adjacent to Alpine Dike Swarm carbonatite
- Frances Blake (2018, Hons) – As mobility above the Hyde-Macraes Shear Zone
- Kacee Grant (2018, Hons) – Au in the Coronation North, Macraes Mine
- Daniel Pickering (2018, Hons) – Scheelite characterisation in Golden Progress, Macraes Mine.
- Stephie Tay (2017, Hons) – Environmental geochemistry of historic mine tailings, Alexander Mine, Reefton Goldfield.
- Victoria Wilson (2017, Hons) – Mineralization of gold and scheelite at Bendigo, Central Otago.
- Thomas Dwight (2016, Hons) – Evolution of the multiply metamorphosed Broughton Arm Meta-Peridotite, Fiordland
- Bryce Robinson (2016, PGDipSci) – Contact metamorphism around the Dunphy Granite, Westland.
- Emma Scanlan (2016, Hons) – Mineralogy, textures and reactions within pyrometamorphosed xenoliths of Otago Schist
- Chris Tulley (2016, Hons) – Fluid flow, metasomatism and deformation in the Livingstone Fault at Mt Raddle, South Westland.
- Jim Dickie (2015, Hons) – Timing and conditions of mineralisation of the Blackwater Dike, Reefton Goldfield, Westland, New Zealand
- Andrew Mason (2015, Hons) – Geology of the Aorere Goldfield, Northwest Nelson, New Zealand
- Fraser Shand (2015, Hons) – Structural controls and paragenesis of the Big River South–St George gold deposits, Reefton Goldfield
- George Stick (2015, Hons) – A structural, paragenetic and geochemical study of the Energetic gold mine, Reefton Goldfield, New Zealand
- Alexis Belton (2014, Hons) – P-T-t- evolution across a Paleozoic greenschist to amphibolite facies transition in Greenland Group rocks in the Collie Range, south Westland, New Zealand
- Jordan Crase (2014, Hons) – Mantle geochemistry beneath south Westland, New Zealand: A study on peridotite xenoliths from Hidden Rivulet
- Hayden Dalton (2014, Hons) – Geochemical Evolution of the East Otago Mantle
- Marshall Palmer (2013, Hons) – Timing and conditions of metamorphism in Greenland Group, South Westland.
- Tom Ritchie (2013, Hons) – Metamorphism and plutonism in the Waipuna Valley, North Westland.
- Alice Hodgkinson (2012, Hons) – Mantle xenoliths and metasomatism at Kattothyrst, North Otago.
- Ant Rayner (2011, Hons) – Structural geology and paragenesis of Big River Shear Zone, Reefton Goldfield, South Island, New Zealand.
- James Smith (2011, Hons) – Structure and geochemistry of the South Reefton Shear Zone, Reefton Goldfield