- The Otago PhD experience will equip you with research skills and experience to be successful anywhere. You’ll have:
- access to state-of-the-art equipment and technologies
- enthusiasm, expertise and collegiality from staff and fellow students
- support to attend an international conference or visit other research laboratories
- PhD students here plunge straight into their research projects, building skills directly through their project work without a separate year of coursework and exams
- Otago offers competitive PhD scholarships: NZ $25,000, tax free, per annum for three years, plus tuition fees. Typical requirement is an A- or better grade average.
- Otago is your gateway to the scenic beauty of the South Island of New Zealand. Come to Otago and take the opportunity to explore the rugged South Island scenery.
Research in Geology at Otago takes advantage of New Zealand’s unique and active natural environment. Have a look at our list of available postgraduate projects:
You could also have a look at our staff member’s pages or research pages to find out what research opportunities are available:
Visit our application information page to find out what steps to take next to start postgraduate research at Otago.