Carve your own path with graduate research study at Otago
Enrol in one of our PhD, doctoral or masters’ thesis programmes and benefit from a wealth of academic and social support. We help you achieve excellence. Complete your study quickly, and successfully, so that you can move on to an exciting career in your field of expertise.
- Prospective PhD students - Considering Otago? Otago welcomes international PhD candidates and you will only pay domestic fees! Otago boasts some of the highest completion rates and times in the world – an average of 82% of all our PhD candidates complete within four years. All the information you need to know about Otago and applying is given here.
- Current PhD students – all the information you need to know from admission to graduation is here.
- Professional doctorates - Already in a profession? Then a professional doctorate might interest you – see all the details here.
- Higher doctorates - If you have an association with Otago (past student or staff member), and have made an exceptional contribution to research in your field, then you may be eligible to apply for one of our higher doctorates.
- Prospective and current master’s thesis students – key information is available here, but also check with your Divisional Office, as they administer these programmes.
- Exceptional theses – only about 10% of our doctoral graduates achieve this – see who these high flyers are here.
- Otago prides itself on providing excellent support to our graduate research candidates.
- Undertaking graduate research study can be isolating, but not at Otago. Find out how to get out of your office or lab and network with peers and share your research. Check out our GRS community information.