Health and Disability Ethics Committee (HDEC) review requires research organisations to take responsibility for peer review in order to make sure their research is scientifically valid.
A process of peer review has been developed for all health research carried out in the joint research environment of the Dunedin School of Medicine and Southern District Health Board. Each research project must be reviewed by the relevant Peer Review Committee according to the Department Guidelines below.
Department of General Practice and Rural Health
Department of Medicine
Department of Pathology
Department of Preventive and Social Medicine
Department of Psychological Medicine
Department of Surgical Sciences
Department of Women's and Children's Health
Health Research South
- Template: Request for review from researcher to Peer Review Committee Chair (Microsoft Word 45 kb)
- Template: Letter from Peer Review Committee Chair to reviewer (Microsoft Word 59 kb)
- Template: Results of review from Peer Review Committee Chair to researcher (Microsoft Word 46 kb)
- Peer review: Department Guidelines (PDF 192 kb)
- Peer review: Department template (Microsoft Word 78 kb)
- Department record sheet (Microsoft Excel 11 kb)