The Division of Health Sciences has a range of specialist research equipment, facilities, and consulting expertise available on our campuses in Dunedin, Christchurch, and Wellington.
These research tools and the associated expertise are available to established and emerging researchers within the University of Otago. Many are also available to external researchers and commercial interests.
Services may be provided in a number of ways, such as:
- Initial advice and guidance
- Supervised access to equipment
- A collaborative research agreement
- A fee-for-service basis
Please discuss your needs directly with the providers listed below.
Specialist research support
- Biomechanics Laboratory
- Centre for Translational Physiology, Wellington
- The Nicholls Clinical Research Centre, Christchurch
Genomics and sequencing
- MARS Spectral Molecular Imaging, Christchurch
- MRI scanner, New Zealand Brain Research Institute, Christchurch
- Otago Centre for Confocal Microscopy
- Otago Centre for Electron Microscopy
- Otago Flow Cytometry Facility
- Centre for Protein Research
- Isotrace Research
- Mass spectrometry and related equipment, Centre for Free Radical Research, Christchurch
- Pharmaceutical sciences