The translation of research into products and services to benefit society is one of the aims of the Division of Health Sciences.
This grant is an initiative to assist researchers in the pursuit of research which translates into societal benefits.
- The value of the grant is NZ$50,000 (no overheads) or, if the selected project is eligible for seed funding, the value will be up to NZ$75,000 (no overheads)
- All academic research staff in the Division of Health Sciences are eligible to apply
- The grant is to be used by the successful applicant(s) to “prove the concept”
- Otago Innovation Ltd will work closely with successful applicants to plan and carry out research activities which will result in the proof of concept
- The translational research aims to generate intellectual property which may result in a patent application
- The funds will be transferred to the successful applicant(s) in tranches related to agreed milestones
- Shortlisted applicants will present to a panel of expert judges (the judges’ decision is final)
- Closing date for 2019 – Wednesday 6 November 2019
Grant application process
2018 winners have been announced:
Two winning teams from TRG competition
- Complete the Application Form (PDF)
- Seek advice (if required):
Tel +64 3 479 3870
- Submit application to email@example.com
- Applications shortlisted will present before the adjudication panel.
To speak with someone for advice
Contact Otago Innovation Ltd (tel +64 3 479 3870) who are assisting with enquiries on behalf of Professor Paul Glue (Associate Dean for Research Commercialisation).