Biomedical Research Facilities hold and supply laboratory and large animals for research.
We provide technical support, training and expertise to a variety of units and departments across all the University's campuses. We are an approved Ministry of Primary Industries, and New Zealand Government, Transitional Containment and Quarantine Facility.
Scott Rhodes, Operations Manager, leads a team of dedicated animal care technicians, specialised technologists and technical support staff.
Tel +64 3 479 7189
Mob +64 21 249 7100
Biomedical Research Facilities Academic Advisory Group
The Academic Advisory Group advises on research infrastructure, assesses significant emergent developments, and develops recommendations on operations.
- Professor Greg Anderson (Chair), Department of Anatomy
- Mr Jeremy Anderson, Department of Psychology
- Dr Alyssa Calder, Animal Welfare Office
- Mr John Crowley, Financial Services
- Mr Murray Gray, Property Services
- Associate Professor Jo Kirman, Department of Microbiology and Immunology
- Professor Fiona McDonald, Department of Physiology
- Associate Professor Arlene McDowell, School of Pharmacy
- Associate Professor Ailsa McGregor, School of Pharmacy
- Ms Andrea McMillan, Health and Safety Compliance
- Mr Scott Rhodes, Biomedical Research Facilities Operations Manager