In April 2020, the Division of Health Sciences Executive ratified the
- A Curriculum and Quality Framework for Interprofessional Education at Otago: Strategic Plan 2020–2024 (Full Report) (PDF)
- A Curriculum and Quality Framework for Interprofessional Education at Otago: Strategic Plan 2020–2024 (Statement of Policy Recommendations), as ratified 24.03.20 (PDF)
The (now ratified) Statement of Policy Recommendations was developed through a process of investigation and consultation whose findings are set out in the Full Report. The process established that:
IPEis increasingly being integrated into health professional curricula around the world.
- Otago is making steady progress in implementing
IPEin health professional degree programme curricula.
- Assuring quality in
IPElearning and teaching is essential, and needs to be done without incurring unintended consequences.
- Timing is right for giving concerted attention to a quality framework for
IPEin our institution.
The Statement makes specific policy recommendations for a high-quality curriculum framework for interprofessional education (
- Overarching aims for
IPEactivity components in a sequential curriculum
- Defined set of curriculum learning outcomes
- Expectations for student attainment, collectively and individually
- Guidelines for
IPEstudent assessment and IPEactivity evaluation
- Capacity to adapt and respond to the context, needs, opportunities and partnerships of
- Recognition for staff contribution to
- Quality systems to accredit
IPEactivities, record student IPEcredits, and evaluate the IPEintegrated curriculum.
Australian & New Zealand Association for Health Professional Educators (ANZAHPE)
The Book of Abstracts of the ANZAHPE conference 2020, cancelled in 2020 as a result of the Covid19 pandemic, are available as Conference Proceedings 2020 via the ANZAHPE website.
The ANZAHPE Online program provides ways to continue to provide professional development in the current context. Upcoming events are listed on the website.
International Network for Health Workforce Education (INHWE)
See INHWE Online for ongoing updates about INHWE's virtual events.
INHWE has also launched its podcast Casting the Network which aims to showcase initiatives, innovations and research in health workforce education. You can listen via the following platforms:
All Together Better Health X, 22–25 October 2021, Doha-Qatar
All Together Better Health (ATBH) is the leading global interprofessional education and collaborative practice conference (IPECP), previously hosted in Japan, Australia, Sweden, United Kingdom, Canada, America and New Zealand. ATBH provides a collaborative forum for transnational champions to promote IPECP towards improving global health through consensus-based partnership, share ideas and address emerging health care challenges. The conference theme in 2021 is Cultivating a Collaborative Culture: Sharing Pearls of Wisdom. The subthemes are:
- Advocating for people-centred care, health and wellbeing
- Embracing diversity of stakeholders
- Informing regional and global IPECP policies and standards
- Promoting safety in and beyond health and social care settings
- Sharing models of best practice in IPECP
Interprofessional Education Showcase, 19 November 2021, University of Auckland Grafton Campus
The IPE Showcase is an event jointly convened by the University of Auckland and Auckland University of Technology.
In 2021, the theme of the event is Sustaining interprofessional innovation and momentum in 2021.
Building on the success of last year, a hybrid format involving in-person and virtual presentations will be used.
Details of abstract submission and presentation formats to follow.
Enquiries to Associate Professor Craig Webster email@example.com.