B.Sc (Juba), DiplComp. (Khartoum), M.Sc (Twente), M.Phil.ED (Oslo), PhD (Sask.)
Phone: +64 3 479 5362
I teach research methodology (quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods), and educational technology. My current research focuses on the study of the role of emergent technologies (Big Data and Learning Analytics) in enhancing learning, teaching and research. I am also investigating the praxis and theories of teaching research methodology, and its development as a distinct discipline. Previously, I worked in the health care sector as a research methodologist and innovation analyst. Also, I worked in the software industry as a knowledge management software architect and learning specialist.
Areas of expertise
• Artificial intelligence in education (AIED)
• Big Data and Learning Analytics
• Data science in education
• Research methodologies
• The pedagogy and digital tools for teaching research methodology
• Social media technologies/Semantic Web in learning and teaching
I am available to supervise postgraduates enrolled in HEDU502, HED510 and HEDU590.