He Kitenga reflects the concept of discovery. The Māori word kitenga derives from kite which translates to words such as see, perceive, find and discover.
This title reflects the University of Otago’s connection to New Zealand’s cultural heritage as well as its commitment to national and international research and innovation.
Welcome to He Kitenga
Sentinels of change
Mātauranga and marine management
Nixing nitrate with nanoparticles
Big data for big problems
Pacific youth wellness
Power of change
Māori economic expression
Let there be colour
Internet impacts ‘oldest profession’
Pain of ageing
Healing the land
AI and responsibility
Heart of the family
Building partnerships… not silos
- the health and well-being of people and communities
- the development, enhancement and use of mātauranga Māori research
- boosting innovative and sustainable economic development
- advancements for Pacific peoples here in Aotearoa and within Pacific nations
- supporting resilience in our precious and unique environments
- ensuring we have a rich and dynamic society we can all be proud of.