Accessibility Skip to Global Navigation Skip to Local Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Site Map Menu

FAQs for students who did not pass CELS 191 and/or PHSI 191

What if I did not pass only CELS 191 and/or PHSI 191?

CELS 191 and PHSI 191 are not prerequisites for semester 2 HSFY papers.

Therefore, if you did not pass CELS 191 and/or PHSI 191, but did pass CHEM 191 and HUBS 191, then you can continue with HSFY in semester 2.

Please note, even though you can continue with HSFY in semester 2, you will be ineligible to apply for any of the Health Sciences professional programmes under the HSFY Category. (Other pathways to the Health Sciences professional programmes may be available to you.)

Instead of applying for a Health Sciences professional programme, you can enrol in other programmes such as a Bachelor of Biomedical Science or Bachelor of Science, or you can credit your passed papers towards a Commerce or Humanities degree. Furthermore, you could consider applying for the Bachelor of Dental Technology (BDentTech), Bachelor of Oral Health (BOH), or Bachelor of Radiation Therapy (BRT) programmes—which do not require HSFY.

Course advisers can discuss options with you.

^ Top of Page

If I don’t continue with HSFY, what are my options for semester 2?

If you’d like to do a Bachelor of Science (BSc), the Pathfinder tool may help you discover what major you’d like to enrol in:

There are many other options too, such as a Bachelor of Biomedical Science (BBiomedSc), or even crediting the papers you passed towards a non-Health Sciences degree.

HSFY Study Pathways

Course advisers are also available to discuss options with you.

^ Top of Page

Can I apply for Health Sciences professional programmes without completing HSFY?

HSFY is the most common, but not the only, pathway to a Health Sciences professional programme. After completing at least two years of University study and/or after completing a New Zealand University bachelor’s degree, you may be eligible to apply under the following categories:

  • Two or More Years of University Study Category
  • Graduate Category

Health Sciences course advisers are available to discuss your options.

Tel +64 3 479 7428

^ Top of Page

Who can I contact for further advice?

Student Development

Tel +64 3 479 7000

^ Top of Page

How can I change my course for semester 2?

Once you have chosen your new qualification:

Log in to your eVision portal

  1. Add your new semester 2 qualification
  2. You will receive an offer to the new programme
  3. Accept the offer
  4. You will be taken into Change of Course. Complete the Finalise your change of programme task.
  5. You will then be able to use Add or delete papers to make further changes to your semester 2 papers on your new programme.

^ Top of Page

What are the dates for adding / deleting / withdrawing from a paper in semester 2?

  • Friday, 16 July 2021 (5pm): Last day to add a semester 2 paper
  • Friday, 30 July 2021: Last day to delete a semester 2 paper with a refund of fees
  • Friday, 17 September 2021: Last day to withdraw from a semester 2 paper

^ Top of Page