CHEM 191 and HUBS 191 are both prerequisites for semester 2 HSFY papers.
Therefore, if you did not pass one (or both) of these papers, you cannot do HSFY in semester 2.
You'll need to choose a different programme to enrol in.
Course advisers can discuss options with you.
If you’d like to do a Bachelor of Science (BSc), the Pathfinder tool may help you discover what major you’d like to enrol in:
There are many other options too, such as a Bachelor of Biomedical Science (BBiomedSc), or even crediting the papers you passed towards a non-Health Sciences degree.
Course advisers are also available to discuss options with you.
HSFY is the most common, but not the only, pathway to five of the Health Sciences professional programmes:
- Medical Laboratory Science
After completing at least two years of University study and/or after completing a New Zealand University bachelor's degree, you may be eligible to apply for these programmes under the following categories:
- Two or More Years of University Study Category
- Graduate Category
HSFY is not required (but can be used as an entry point) for three of the Health Sciences professional programmes:
- Dental Technology
- Oral Health
- Radiation Therapy
You're welcome to contact Student Development to discuss your options (details below).
Once you have chosen your new qualification:
- Add your new semester 2 qualification
- You will receive an offer to the new programme
- Accept the offer
- You will be taken into Change of Course. Complete the Finalise your change of programme task.
- You will then be able to use Add or delete papers to make further changes to your semester 2 papers on your new programme.
- Friday, 16 July 2021 (5pm): Last day to add a semester 2 paper
- Friday, 30 July 2021: Last day to delete a semester 2 paper with a refund of fees
- Friday, 17 September 2021: Last day to withdraw from a semester 2 paper