CELS 191 and PHSI 191 are not prerequisites for Semester Two HSFY papers.
Therefore, if you fail CELS 191 and/or PHSI 191, but pass CHEM 191 and HUBS 191, then you can continue with HSFY in Semester Two.
Please note, even though you can continue with HSFY in Semester Two, you will be ineligible to apply for any of the Health Sciences professional programmes under the HSFY Category. (Alternative pathways to the Health Sciences professional programmes may be available to you.)
Instead of applying for a Health Sciences professional programme, you can enrol in other programmes such as a BBiomedSc or BSc, or you can cross-credit your passed papers towards a Commerce or Humanities degree. Furthermore, you could consider applying for the Bachelor of Dental Technology (BDentTech), Bachelor of Oral Health (BOH), or Bachelor of Radiation Therapy (BRT) programmes—which do not require HSFY.
Course advisors can discuss options with you.
If you’d like to do a Bachelor of Science (BSc), the Pathfinder tool may help you discover what major you’d like to enrol in:
There are many other options too, such as a Bachelor of Biomedical Science (BBiomedSc), or even cross-crediting the papers you passed towards a non-Health Sciences degree.
Course advisors are also available to discuss options with you.
HSFY is the most common, but not the only, pathway to a Health Sciences professional programme. After completing at least two years of University study and/or after completing a University bachelor’s degree, you may be eligible to apply under the following categories:
- Two or More Years of University Study Category
- Graduate Category
Health Sciences course advisers are available to discuss your options.
Course advisors will be available on 5–6 July 2018 and 9–10 July 2018 at Union Hall (map).
If you're unable to attend any of these sessions, you can make an appointment to speak to a course advisor another time:
Commerce course advisors
Health Sciences course advisors
Humanities course advisors
Sciences course advisors
Once you have chosen your new qualification:
- Log in to your eVision portal
- Add your new Semester Two qualification
- You will receive an offer to the new programme
- Accept the offer
- Cancel your enrolment in HSFY by completing a change of course form (online, or in-person at the University Information Centre)
- Friday, 13 July 2018 (5pm): Last day to add a Semester Two paper
- Friday, 27 July 2018: Last day to delete a Semester Two paper with a refund of fees
- Friday, 14 September 2018: Last day to withdraw from a Semester Two paper