Accessibility Skip to Global Navigation Skip to Local Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Site Map Menu

FAQs for students who fail CHEM 191 and/or HUBS 191

What if I fail CHEM 191 and/or HUBS 191?

CHEM 191 and HUBS 191 are both prerequisites for second semester HSFY papers.

Therefore, if you fail one (or both) of these papers, you cannot do HSFY in second semester.

You'll need to choose a different programme to enrol in.

Course advisors can discuss options with you.

^ Top of Page

What are my options for second semester?

If you’d like to do a Bachelor of Science (BSc), the Pathfinder tool may help you discover what major you’d like to enrol in:

There are many other options too, such as a Bachelor of Biomedical Science (BBiomedSc), or even crediting the papers you passed towards a non-Health Sciences degree.

HSFY Study Pathways

Course advisors are also available to discuss options with you.

^ Top of Page

Can I apply for Health Sciences professional programmes without completing HSFY?

HSFY is the most common, but not the only, pathway to a Health Sciences professional programme. After completing at least two years of University study and/or after completing a New Zealand University bachelor's degree, you may be eligible to apply under the following categories:

  • Two or More Years of University Study Category
  • Graduate Category

Health Sciences course advisers are available to discuss your options.

Tel +64 3 479 7428

^ Top of Page

Who can I contact for further advice?

Please contact the Health Sciences Admissions Office:

Student Development

Tel +64 3 479 7000

^ Top of Page

How can I change my course for second semester?

Once you have chosen your new qualification:

  1. Log in to your eVision portal
  2. Add your new second semester qualification
  3. You will receive an offer to the new programme
  4. Accept the offer
  5. Cancel your enrolment in HSFY by completing a change of course form (online, or in-person at AskOtago)

^ Top of Page

What are the dates for adding / deleting / withdrawing from a paper in second semester?

  • Friday, 10 July 2020 (5pm): Last day to add a second semester paper
  • Friday, 24 July 2020: Last day to delete a second semester paper with a refund of fees
  • Friday, 11 September 2020: Last day to withdraw from a second semester

^ Top of Page