- To develop proposals and discussion papers and to make recommendations to the Divisional Board, HoDs, and the Pro-Vice-Chancellor on academic policies and on academic strategic developments;
- To make recommendations to the Divisional Board on specific proposals for curriculum development;
- To review and make responses or recommendations to appropriate bodies on academic matters referred to the Division for comment.
The Committee may form Working Parties which may include other members of the Division.
- The Associate Dean (Academic), Convenor (ex officio)
- The Pro-Vice-Chancellor (ex officio)
- Six members of the academic staff of the Division*
- The committee may co-opt additional members
Normally, members serve for three years and two are replaced each year.
Secretarial and administrative support is provided by the Divisional Office.
*Membership will reflect a balance between genders, disciplines, and appointment levels. Where necessary, co-option will be used to achieve such balance. Members will not be representing any department or other group but will be providing their individual vision, wisdom and insight. Membership of the committee will be regarded as significant service to the Division.
The Committee will normally meet monthly.
- Associate Professor Tim Cooper (Theology and Religion)[Convenor]
- Ms Nicola Cummins (English and Linguistics)
- Associate Professor Ruth Fitzgerald (Anthropology and Archaeology)
- Ms Carol Forbes (Humanities Divisional Office)
- Professor Shelley Griffiths (Faculty of Law)
- Dr James Headley (Politics)
- To be confirmed (OUSA Representative)
- Dr Naomi Ingram (College of Education)
- Dr Zach Weber (Philosophy)