1. Te Arahina me Te Honohono: Leadership and Partnership
To demonstrate strong, accountable leadership which contributes to whānau, hapū and iwi development.
2. Te Rangahau Māori: Māori Research
To undertake research that is transformative and beneficial for Māori communities, including research that increases understanding of te ao Māori and mātauranga Māori, and supports the University’s commitment to excellence in research.
3. Ngā Whakahaerenga Pai: Quality Programmes and Teaching
To create and enhance exemplary learning and teaching environments which allow staff and students to engage capably with te ao Māori and mātauranga Māori through the provision of outstanding and innovative degree and support programmes, and excellence in teaching.
4. Ngā Taonga Tuku Iho: Te Reo and Tikanga Māori
To increase the use of te reo and tikanga Māori (Māori language and cultural practices) across each level of the University.
5. Te Taumata Angitu Māori: Māori Student Success
To increase Māori student success at Otago by providing an environment in which Māori students are supported to thrive and succeed as Māori.
6. Te Whakapakaritanga o ngā Kaimahi Māori: Māori Staff Growth and Development
To increase the number of Māori staff at the University of Otago and support their professional and cultural development.
For further information please contact
Anaru Eketone (Associate Dean Māori)