Details of the competition
Who can enter?
The competition is open to all postgraduate students in the Division of Humanities.
Closing date for the Division of Humanities Heat
The closing date is Friday 20 July 2018.
Guidelines for the competition
- A poster will contain text and imagery relating to your research. There are no limits to the font size, type or layout.
- Please keep in mind the audience for the posters.
Many posters will be existing posters which have been created for a conference or seminar, where the audience is mainly academic staff and peers. These posters still need to be reasonably accessible to a lay/general audience. There is, however, the opportunity this year to present a poster solely for a lay/general audience, which allows more flexibility in the format and creativity exhibited. Please remember if you are creating a poster for a lay/general audience that the purpose of the research and (expected) outcomes still need to be clearly shown.
There will be prizes for the Best Poster for a Lay Audience, and Best Poster for an Academic Audience.
- Posters must have been created in the last 12 months.
- Posters must not have been entered in this competition before.
- The usual poster size is A1, and must not be larger than A0, but can be smaller.
Posters will be attached to upright poster boards for display in The Link from 30 July - 6 August 2018.
The poster competition will be judged on the following criteria
- Layout and visual effects
- Accessibility to the audience
- Technical ability
The judging panel for the Division of Humanities will be chaired by the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies, Humanities.
Up to eight Humanities posters will receive prizes of $50 food or book vouchers and go on to the University-wide competition.
The winners of the University-wide competition will receive the following prizes:
- Overall winner - $500 Prezzy voucher
- Best Poster for a Lay Audience - $250 Prezzy voucher
- Best Poster for an Academic Audience - $250 Prezzy voucher
Posters to be delivered to
Humanities Divisional Office Reception
Arts Building, 95 Albany Street
Each poster must be accompanied by an A4 cover sheet
On the cover sheet please include your name, your contact details (email and cell phone), your Supervisor’s name and Department, and the title of your poster.
Please also indicate what event your poster was created for i.e. solely for this competition, or for a conference or seminar (name the event please, and if you have it, the judging criteria for that event).
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org