Studies in French language and culture undertaken at a partner university in France or Canada.
Do you want to put your French into practice and study for a semester at one of our prestigious partner universities in France or Canada? Choosing to do an Honours degree in French at Otago gives you the opportunity to have a semester of In-Country study in which you attend classes at a world-renowned university, not to mention all the other non-academic experiences you will have living for several months in a vibrant francophone environment, be it Montreal or Paris.
|Paper title||Studies in French 2|
|Teaching period(s)||Semester 1
Semester 2 (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,206.91|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), PGDipArts
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- Co-ordinator: Dr Barbara Stone
- Paper Structure
- In consultation with the Teaching Staff, the student will devise a course of study in French language and culture at one of Otago's partner universities in France or Canada. Students may choose papers that explore new subject areas or that build on study already undertaken. Students often select courses which are relevant to their dissertation topic.
- To be advised.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Environmental literacy, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of FREN 452, students will have:
- Acquired in-depth knowledge of the subjects they chose to study and developed a critical approach to them
- Increased greatly their ability to communicate in French, both in a social and a formal academic context
- Gained a truly international perspective on their studies through exposure to a different education system
- Developed the confidence to undertake research and scholarship in a francophone environment