Preparation of a thesis proposal. Normally taken by students in the papers year for a Master’s degree in Geography by papers and thesis.
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,614.74|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,032.23|
- Limited to
- MA, MSc
- Paper Structure
Students initiate an independently driven research project. Research is undertaken within a specific sub-discipline of geography/environmental management, supervised and advised by one or more academic staff members
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- View more information about GEOG 495
- Teaching staff
Supervisor: Each student will be supervised by a member of staff most relevant to the proposed area of research.
For further information please contact email@example.com
- Teaching Arrangements
- Postgraduate seminars run by the Department of Geography are relevant to the research process and are designed with GEOG 495 students in mind. Your attendance at these seminars is compulsory.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Environmental
literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will have learned the skills that they need to complete the second research-focused year of the programme.