In-depth study of German themes in literature and culture at an advanced level.
|Paper title||Advanced Topics in German|
|Points||20 points 20 points|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,142.40|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,661.93|
- Taught in German. Admission to BA Honours in German or German at B2+ or C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Teaching staff
- Teaching Arrangements
- The class meets once a week (2 hours).
The paper has a seminar format in which the students are expected to read the set texts, prepare questions and lead discussion in class.
- To be advised.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Critical thinking, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Advanced research and academic writing skills
- Improved information literacy and familiarity with academic resources in both English and German
- Enhanced familiarity with a particular subject area and its broader context
- A critical appreciation of secondary material in the field