One of the great things about studying Arts at Otago is the flexibility and broad range of choice available – this does mean careful planning is important to make sure you make the most of your time at Otago.
If you need advice about your study, Advisers from the Student Development Team are available and can help with:
- paper options
- how to piece your degree together, especially double degrees and double majors
- how to structure your degree to get into Honours or Postgraduate study
- how to get credit for previous study
- how an overseas student exchange experience might fit into your degree
- how an internship might fit into your degree
Academic Subject Advisers
Planning your Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree
Information about the Bachelor of Arts and Science (BASc) degree
Information about the Bachelor of Arts and Commerce (BACom) degree
Making changes to your course of study
You are able to make changes to your course of study, even after you have enrolled. You may add or remove papers, change your major and/or minor or even change your course completely.