The development of modern musicianship skills necessary to enter and maintain a career in all facets of the popular and commercial music industry.
The aim at this level is to advance the technical foundation on your instrument towards a professional standard, and the paper is, consequently, designed to broaden your playing skills. In the second half of the second semester, students will form bands to create a repertoire of original material for assessed live performance. This year long paper also has the option of the inclusion of original material at an appropriate standard.
|Paper title||Contemporary Music Performance 3|
|Teaching period||Full Year (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,282.70|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- MUSI 246 (passed with a grade of at least B-)
- MUSI 345
- Limited to
- MusB, BPA
- Appropriate performance and sight-reading skills are necessary.
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
At 300-level, this paper aims to provide students with performance skills that would lead to a professional level.
- Teaching Arrangements
Two-hour lectures and workshops.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Course outline
Please contact the School of Performing Arts (email@example.com) office for a copy of the most recent paper profile.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking,
Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Successful completion of this paper will:
- Consolidate your awareness of the skills required to perform in a variety of contexts at an advanced level
- Consolidate confidence and independence in presentation skills performed in an ensemble context
- Enable you to evaluate your own role within an ensemble and assimilate that of your peers with objectivity and maturity
- Enable you to critically evaluate performance style and challenge received opinion with independence and confidence in an ensemble context