This paper explores the key issues in contemporary Asian security. The origins and evolution of these issues are examined with reference to concepts in the security studies field.
|Paper title||Asian Security|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2023 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$955.05|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- One 100-level POLS paper or 72 points
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Teaching staff
There is no standard textbook for this paper. Readings will be drawn from the University's existing database of journal articles and books.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Information literacy, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper should be able to
- demonstrate an understanding of the concepts in the security studies literature relevant to the topic
- show detailed empirical knowledge of the various security issues in contemporary Asia
- demonstrate and awareness of major debates in the field
- illustrate their understanding in written analysis